06 January 2012

Bookshelf: Kids' Books

I loved reading from a very young age.  As soon as I knew I was pregnant, I couldn't enter a bookstore without buying a book I loved as a child.  In fact, those are the books that I still never tire of, even after the fiftieth reading.  One of the most significant authors in this category is Arnold Lobel.  His stories are simple and a bit silly, like his illustration style.  I find them absolutely charming!

Here are our favorites.  Look for them at your library, or click the image to find it on Amazon.
     

We love all of the Frog and Toad stories.  When my husband read, "The Dream" to my boys, I had a flashback to reading and re-reading that story so many, many times.  I also adore the story in Mouse Tales where a mouse gets a new pair of feet.  There aren't moral issues at play most of the time- this is truly reading for the love of reading.  That is exactly what I wish to share with my lovely boys!

Do you read your own favorite books to your kids?  What books were most special to you when you were little?

No comments:

Post a Comment